The Township of Norwich with a population of 11,001 is one of five rural Townships within the County of Oxford. The Township is currently seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual for a full-time position of a Customer Service/Records Management Clerk.
This position is responsible for customer service which involves answering incoming telephone calls and assistance to the public for detailed tasks. The successful candidate will also coordinate the electronic records management system and other duties as assigned by the Clerk’s department. A Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector check will be required at the time of hire.
- Post-secondary education with at least two (2) year College diploma or certificate in related field
- Three (3) years of relevant experience is required
- Previous municipal experience and knowledge of municipal services is preferred
- Working knowledge with “Laser fiche” is highly preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of general office procedures including records and information management filing systems
- Displays exceptional customer service skills
- Possesses impressive analytic and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Complete familiarity working with Microsoft Office
- Experience with handling cash
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Practical knowledge of Diamond Municipal Software is an asset
Please view a detailed job description which is available on our website at www.norwich.ca or upon request.
Applicants for the position are invited to submit a cover letter and a detailed resume in confidence by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, October 23rd, 2019 to the attention of:
Mary Winegarden, Human Resources Coordinator
Township of Norwich
285767 Airport Road, Norwich, Ontario. N0J 1P0
519-468-2410, Ext. 225 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected will be used solely for applicant selection in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The Township of Norwich is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon advance notice of specific accommodation required.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time23.10.2019 16:00