As a key member of the customer experience team the Customer Experience Manager, Business Development, will assist the City in advancing a customer-focused culture at the City of Burlington. Reporting to the Executive Lead, Customer Experience, the role is critical to supporting the business development customer in navigating established application processes that meet the legislative/regulatory, operational and business needs of both the customer and the City. Working specifically with customers of the city planning, building and economic development groups, the incumbent supports the processing of development applications by overseeing and continuouly improving the activities that support, guide and advise the customer in meeting application approval requirements and timelines.
The Customer Experience Manager, Business Development is responsible to:
- Through a customer first lens, facilitate the administration of municipal services and processes related to property development. Review policies and procedures related to the City’s current development review process to optimize the business development customer experience in accessing City services
- Monitor development applications to identify and track the status of priority files, ensuring appropriate and timely communication with key stakeholders
- Support the complex development applications, escalating files when appropriate, by providing key liaison and coordination support between the City, external agencies and the customer
- Facilitate the coordination of activities between municipal and external agencies (such as between Burlington Economic Development Corporation (BEDC)) and other business development boards/agencies), ensuring synchronization with municipal requirements
- With the goal of supporting a seamless customer experience, facilitate collaboration and communication across departments including Council and the City Manager’s Office
- Work with the City’s Customer Experience Team to develop and implement training and education for all staff to support a customer centric approach to the delivery of services
- Develop a communication plan to promote awareness of the business development process
Qualified candidates will possess a University Degree in Planning, Economic Development or an equivalent combination of relevant education, professional development and experience. A relevant background for this role is typically acquired through more than five (5) years’ experience in a management role developing customer-focused business processes, and significant municipal experience. A proven leader, you can guide and influence change through forging collaborative relationships at all levels throughout the organization and with community and industry stakeholders. You will have strong project management skills and experience developing customer strategies, project plans and leading projects through implementation. You work well under pressure, complete multiple deliverables concurrently and thrive in a high-volume environment with multiple pressures and priorities. You have the ability to achieve results through effectively balancing the needs of customers with the consistent application of required City policies, processes and related legislation.
$112,573 – $140,716 (Grade 13)
March 19, 2020
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time19.03.2020 21:09