Permanent Full-TimeReference Code: 494Closing Date: October 18, 2019
Position SummaryReporting to the Deputy Clerk, this position is responsible for providing secretariat support to Council and its committees, and administrative support to the Director of Legislative Services/County Clerk, Deputy Clerk and the Clerk’s Department. This position provides meeting co-ordination and secretariat support to Council and its Committees, as well as managing information to support the legislative process from the preparation of draft materials to the compilation and production of final agendas. This position will also be responsible to provide routine guidance, explanations and interpretations to staff, Members of Council and the public with respect to meeting procedures and the Municipal Act. This position works collaboratively with others in the Clerk’s team at the County of Simcoe.
- Minimum two (2) year post-secondary diploma in office administration or equivalent combination of education and experience to obtain a general knowledge in clerical/office functions.
- A minimum of three year’s experience in progressively responsible related positions, including one year as a Municipal Council/Committee Co-ordinator or similar position.
- General awareness and knowledge of related municipal legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in co-operative environment, and independently.
- Works well under pressure, complete multiple assignments and function effectively in a high volume workplace with multiple deadlines necessitating a high degree of accuracy.
Compensation$53,294 – $63,953 per annum
To ApplyView the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
- Offered Salary$50,000 - $100,000
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time18.10.2019 23:28
Related Jobs (6)
- Manager, Corporate Records and Archival Services – Kawartha Lakes on October 7, 2019 Full Time