The Township of Algonquin Highlands with a permanent population of 2,300 and a seasonal population exceeding 10,000 is known within Central Ontario as an area of natural beauty where residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands is seeking applications from experienced, qualified persons to fulfill a Communications Coordinator contract position. Reporting to the CAO, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the development, delivery and administration of a full range of communication strategies and services to communicate municipal news and services, share Council and municipal goals and priorities, and engage the public.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Public Relations, Communication, Journalism, Graphic Design and/or related discipline(s) is preferred;
- Three (3) years of related experience, preferably with a municipal government;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the role of local government and current issues including challenges and opportunities;
- Demonstrated sound political sensitivity, judgement and discretion;
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance and value of municipal – public relationships;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent administrative, interpersonal, organizational, time management and public relations skills;
- Ability to multi-task, cope with interruptions and work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Advanced working knowledge of a range of appropriate social media platforms;
- Working knowledge of Bang the Table engagement software is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability in the following software products in a PC environment such as: InDesign or Photoshop; as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher);
- Web design knowledge and experience using a web content management system (CMS);
- Proficiency in basic photo editing;
- Valid Class “G” driver’s license. Ability and willingness to travel within the community as required.
Salary Range: $33.74 – $37.97 per hour for a 35 hour work week
Applicants must indicate how they meet the minimum qualifications in their resume. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process, upon the request of the applicant. Please advise in advance if you require accommodation.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used only for candidate selection. Visit our website at: www.algonquinhighlands.ca for the full job description.
Please submit your resume in confidence by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, June 23, 2021 to:
Dawn Mugford-Guay, Human Resources Coordinator
Township of Algonquin Highlands
1123 North Shore Road, Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, K0M 1J1
Email – email@example.com
- Offered Salary$60,000+
- Career LevelSpecialist
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time23.06.2021 15:00