Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration and excellence.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks a Committee Clerk who, as part of our Procedural Services Branch, in Toronto, ON, will play a significant role providing information and advice to Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs), Ministries, offices of the Assembly, the public, and the media.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Provide sound advice and non-partisan support services to management and all Members of Provincial Parliament
- Demonstrate the utmost sensitivity, tact, integrity and good judgment
You’ll support our collaboration as you:
- Advise Committee Chairs, Members and other contacts on points of order and rules of procedure, and assist in drafting motions
- Effectively administer committee meetings in accordance with the Standing Orders, Orders of the House, instructions of the committee and accepted administrative practices
- Arrange and co-ordinate all logistics for committee meetings as well as produce, evaluate and monitor the annual budget and verify Members’/staff expense reports
- Write minutes of proceedings; prepare reports for tabling in the House; and prepare summaries, histories, advertisements and other public and confidential documents
- Provide management and guidance to an Assistant, developing work performance goals, and managing performance through review, coaching and counselling
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Completion of a university degree or equivalent, coupled with 3 to 5 years of related work experience
- In-depth knowledge about parliamentary and administrative procedures
- Demonstrated ability as a team player with exceptional communication skills and a service orientation
- Ability to adapt to change, and identify and resolve problems in complex situations
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Superior interpersonal skills to create a positive environment and establish cohesive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in technology and software applications to research and draft procedural rulings and other House Documents
- Demonstrated experience working independently with high-level direction
- Experience mentoring and coaching staff to support their development
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel for committee meetings, which may be outside of the standard 36.25-hour work week
If you join our team, you can expect:
- Continued training and development
- Competitive benefits package
- Employee Assistance Program
Salary Range: $86,906 – $122,492 per annum
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details. File No: LA-2019-53 Closing Date: Sunday, November 17, 2019
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario embraces diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace while establishing a diversified qualified workforce. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORProvincial Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time17.11.2019 11:10