The Municipality of North Grenville is accepting resumes from interested and qualified candidates for the position of full-time Committee Clerk.
The Committee Clerk provides assistance to the Director of Corporate Services/Clerk and Deputy Clerk, as well as providing support and coordination of administrative duties for Council appointed Advisory Committees. Fulfill the role to review and issue lottery licences and marriage licences.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education in Office/Business/Legal Administration is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience required, previous municipal experience considered an asset
- AMCTO Municipal Administration Program (MAP), equivalent desirable or willingness to obtain
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills combined with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and the ability to balance diverse, changing and conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, often after regular business hours while taking minutes of Council Advisory Committees
- Strong team and leadership abilities
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office applications, office equipment, agenda management (eScribe), presentation and database software
- Ability to assist in the administration of sensitive information with all levels of municipal staff and government agencies
- Ability to think and act strategically in a political and community service environment, and to foster and contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Previous experience in recording minutes and writing reports is an asset
- Valid and satisfactory Police Records and Judicial Matter Check required
The anticipated annual salary range for this position is $46,938 – $58,659 and is based on a 35 hour work week. A complete job description is available at www.northgrenville.ca/careers.
Your resume and references must be submitted no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday January 22, 2020 to:
Christa Stewart, Human Resources Manager
Municipality of North Grenville
285 County Road 44, Box 130, Kemptville ON K0G 1J0
Telephone: 613-258-9569 x 167 Fax: 613-258-9620
The Municipality of North Grenville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act will only be used for candidate selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time22.01.2020 13:54
Related Jobs (1)
- Director of Corporate Services – Township of Red Rockon September 16, 2020Full Time