Provides Committee administration to a Standing, Advisory and Quasi-Judicial Committees. Duties include:
- Preparation of agendas / notices; responding to staff / public inquiries; meeting / hearing coverage; provide procedural support to Committee Chair; composition of minutes, reports and correspondence; and preparation of appeal documentation required for quasi-judicial hearings (Local Planning Appeals Tribunal, etc.).
- Ensures that requirements of various Provincial legislation are maintained.
- Liaise with staff, elected officials, outside agencies and members of the public pertaining to Committee matters.
- Assist in budget preparation for Committees.
- Assist with the municipal elections, as required.
- Carry out legal functions as a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable with good attitude and employment record.
- Must have the ability to support and project values compatible with the organization.
- Must have 2 years Post-Secondary Education and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related field. Designation from the
- Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks & Treasurers or a willingness to obtain.
- Ability to compose minutes, prepare reports and correspondence in a clear and concise manner, strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated attention to accuracy and detail, in a time sensitive environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and ability to prioritize workload, to problem solve and to adapt to frequent interruptions and change.
- High level of initiative, accountability and strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently, ability to effectively communicate to the public, and staff at all levels of the Corporation.
- Working knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order and/or meeting Procedures/Procedural By-Law.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable Provincial legislation including, but not limited to: The Municipal Act, The Municipal Elections Act, The Planning Act and The Ontario Heritage Act; is considered an asset.
- Ability to work occasional evenings, depending on meeting schedule, ability to work overtime, as required, to meet set deadlines.
- Must have highly developed computer skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Familiarity with agenda management software and/or webcasting would be an asset.
- Preference will be given to Candidates with knowledge and understanding of the Committee of Adjustment process.
Note: All interested applicants are encouraged to apply. In the event there is no successful applicant with the stated level of education and experience, other applicants will be considered if a combination of their education and experience meets the following pre-determined equivalency: High School plus up to 1 year of additional job related post secondary courses with a minimum 4 years experience or 3-year Degree/ Diploma with a minimum 1 year experience
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and thank all applicants in advance. Accommodations are available during all stages of the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For a more detailed description and details on how to apply please visit our employment opportunities page at the following link: www.kitchener.ca
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time20.02.2020 21:26
Related Jobs (1)
- Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experienceon April 16, 2021Contract