The County of Haliburton is accepting applications from qualified candidates interested in the full time Climate Change Coordinator contract position, for a three year term.
This position will support the County of Haliburton’s initiative on Climate Change (Mitigation and Adaptation). They will direct, co-ordinate, plan, implement and monitor the County of Haliburton Climate Change Plan.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- Degree in engineering, planning or environmental studies/science or equivalent; Certified Energy Manager, Sustainable Energy Management Credentials or similar designation(s) would be considered an asset;
- 3 – 5 years related experience, preferred with proven public policy development;
- Knowledge of the environmental regulatory requirements, including provincial legislation and municipal bylaws, mandated reporting requirements, and the Province of Ontario’s GHG reduction targets;
- Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of climate change adaptation, GHG emission reduction strategies, sustainable development, and asset management.
- Demonstrated understanding of climate change issues and sustainable development within the context of municipal government and specifically rural municipalities;
- Strong research, mathematical, analytical, statistical, graphical and numerical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage at all levels of the organization, with internal and external clients;
- Comfortable and effective when speaking before medium and large groups; ability to present using different mediums; confidence answering questions on related subject matter in a public forum;
- Computer skills – Ability to use all Microsoft Office software, ESRI GIS skills an asset;
- Valid G driver’s licence
For complete responsibilities and requirements of the position please visit our website at https://haliburtoncounty.ca/services/human-resources/
This is a three year contract position with the possibility to renew.
Please submit a detailed resume indicating your skills and experience no later than Friday, August 30th at 4:30pm. Please send your resume to:
Andrea Bull, Human Resources Manager
We thank all who apply for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The County of Haliburton is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the information gathered will be used solely for the purpose of job selection.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time30.08.2019 18:18