The Township of Adjala-Tosorontio is located immediately north of the GTA, at the Southwest border of Simcoe County. Our population is approximately 11,000 people and offers rural living with proximity to urban amenities.
Reporting to the CAO, the Clerk performs all statutory duties as defined in the Municipal Act and other Acts and applicable legislation.
The key duties include but are not limited to: Co-ordination of Council and Committee agendas and minutes. Preparation of reports, by-laws, and resolutions. Co-ordination of the records management system for the Municipality. Responsibility for co-ordination and administration of Municipal Elections in accordance with the Municipal Act. Provision of statutory notifications for Freedom of Information and Privacy Act (MFIPPA) requests. Commissioner of Oath and Affidavits. Updating of various policies and procedures when required.
- A degree in business administration, public administration or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related supervisor/management capacity, preferably as a Municipal Clerk is an asset.
- Completion of or working towards the AMCTO, Municipal Administration Program.
- Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) or working towards this designation.
- Solid understanding and experience of the Municipal Act, Election Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and other applicable municipal legislation.
- Proficient use of computer applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Microsoft Office 365, iCompass and TabFusion software is an asset.
- Proficiency with parliamentary procedure and ability to provide concise advice to senior management and Council.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to supervise and direct staff.
Attendance at Council and/or Committee meetings and recording of all official records of the Municipality is a mandatory requirement. You must have several years’ experience in a comparable role within a Municipal Clerks department.
Salary is under review, plus a comprehensive employee benefit plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume by October 30, 2020 to HR@adjtos.ca
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs known in advance. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25 and will be used to determine employment eligibility.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time30.10.2020 16:30