The Township of McGarry is located on the border with Quebec on Highway 66 East in North Eastern Ontario. It is made up of three small communities and rural lands.
Reporting to Council, the Clerk Treasurer will be responsible for the various statutory duties in accordance with provincial legislation for the positions of Clerk and Treasurer. The successful candidate will also be responsible for planning, directing and managing the overall administration of the Municipality. The primary responsibilities include preparation for and attending Council meetings, preparation of reports and By-Laws, conducting Municipal elections every four years, performing the duties of Lottery Licensing Officer, preparation and administration of the yearly budget, and direction of the financial administration of the Municipality.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience as a Deputy Clerk or Deputy Treasurer
- Post-Secondary Education in Public Administration and or Accounting
- Enrolment in or completion of the Municipal Administration Program
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Municipal Elections Act, Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, Planning Act, and Employment Standards Act and knowledge of the current legislation affecting Municipal water and sewer systems.
- Training and working knowledge in Community Emergency Preparedness
- Proven leadership, communication and computer skills
- The ability to communicate in both verbally and in writing in French and English is an asset.
$59,623.20 to $70,488.60 based on a 35 hours per week plus evening meetings.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications in confidence, to the attention of Anne Kmyta, Clerk Treasurer no later than 3:00 p.m. on Friday, October 4th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for employment purposes.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time04.10.2019 19:11
Related Jobs (7)
- Manager, Corporate Records and Archival Services – Kawartha Lakes on October 7, 2019 Full Time