Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Clerk-Treasurer carries out all statutory duties of the position under the Municipal Act, and other Acts of the legislature and to administer policies, programs and objectives established and approved by Council. In addition to other duties, the Clerk-Treasurer attends all Council meetings and committee meetings, records the minutes of the meetings, acts as a primary resource for the Mayor, Council, and committees on administrative matters, oversees the preparation of the budget, as well as manages the positions of Office Staff.
- Previous management/supervisory experience required.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or education in municipal government, particularly A.M.C.T. training considered an asset.
- 3-5 years experience with municipal financial and budgeting processes.
- Must successfully exhibit competencies of accuracy and thoroughness; analytical/systematic thinking (problem solving); and teamwork.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership ability, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working computer knowledge.
- Must be bondable.
In addition to a competitive salary ($66,248 – $86,439), and a comprehensive benefits package, the Township of Admaston Bromley offers exemplary values, strong community spirit, a rural quality of life, well maintained infrastructure and an outdoor recreation paradise, all of which helps to create a productive environment for personal growth and success.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their applications, stating “Admaston/Bromley Clerk-Treasurer” by Friday, January 10, 2020 to:
Human Resources, County of Renfrew
9 International Drive, Pembroke ON, K8A 6W5
Email: email@example.com (in MS Word or PDF format)
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time10.01.2020 02:25