The Township of North Algona Wilberforce, nestled in the Ottawa Valley, is surrounded by lakes, rivers, and parks. It holds a “cottage country” reputation in the warmer months, a canvas for beautiful foliage in the fall season and a host for beautiful Canadian winters.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Clerk-Treasurer carries out all statutory duties of the position under the Municipal Act, and other Acts of the legislature and to administer polices, programs and objectives established and approved by Council. In addition to other duties, the Clerk-Treasure attends all Council meetings and committee meetings, records the minutes of the meetings, acts as a primary resource for the CAO, and committees on administrative matters, oversees the preparation of the budget, as well as assisting the CAO in all contracts and agreements per provincial legislation.
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Public Administration or equivalent, together with an accounting designation would be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years experience with municipal financial and budgeting processes.
- Previous senior management experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of municipal administration and general knowledge of all local government operations including public works and recreation.
- Successful completion of or willingness to complete the Association of Municipal Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario Municipal Administration Program and Municipal Tax Administration Program within the first four years of employment.
- Certified Municipal Officer Program (CMO) would be an asset.
- Analytical skills to initiate and execute programs, to identify and resolve problems and to formulate relevant policies and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Must be bondable.
Compensation: $77,286 – $90,000 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.
- Offered Salary$70,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time04.09.2020 16:30