Township of Mulmur requires a Clerk/Deputy Treasurer, who, under the direction of the Treasurer, will provide support and assistance to Treasurer and the CAO in the performance of all statutory duties in accordance with the Municipal Act or other applicable legislation. The Clerk/Deputy Treasurer will provide support for the Township’s Committees and Boards, planning, records management, treasury, taxation, procurement, financial analysis, insurance and records management.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in a related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Significant demonstrated municipal experience and thorough knowledge of local government and municipal administration, legislation, procedures, practices, records management and municipal elections
- Working knowledge of the Municipal Act, Elections Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Municipal Conflict of Interest Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Ontario Heritage Act, Vital Statistics Act, Planning Act, Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, Assessment Act and other legislation related to municipal governance
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, organizational, analytical, research, communication, and secretarial skills
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Pro
The Township of Mulmur offers a competitive salary, with a 35-hour work week.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, in confidence, to Heather Boston, Treasurer, via email at email@example.com no later than 2:00 p.m. on Monday, April 6, 2020. Please quote the job title in the subject line.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience3 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time06.04.2020 19:49