MATERNITY LEAVE COVERAGE (12 MONTH CONTRACT)
The Township of Montague, ON, is a small, rural community with a population of about 3700 residents, located south of Ottawa, adjacent to Smiths Falls. The Township of Montague is seeking an individual with excellent leadership and organizational skills, combined with a high degree of professional judgment, for contract position of Clerk Administrator to cover a twelve (12) month maternity leave.
Reporting directly to Council, the Clerk Administrator is responsible for the leadership and administration of the municipalities’ affairs in accordance with policies established by Council along with delivering all of the statutory duties of the Clerk.
- Ensuring meetings of Council are held in accordance with the Municipal Act
- Preparing reports, recommendations and bylaws and attends all Council, Committee and Public Meetings as Municipal Clerk and Department Head.
- Coordinating and maintain corporate policies and procedures; draft policies and administrative procedures for Council review.
- Making recommendations and provides advice to Council on corporate direction, policy and programs, service levels, legislative and corporate matters and ensures Council is advised in a timely manner of critical issues affecting municipal operations, projects, financial and planning matters.
- Negotiating various agreements and contracts on behalf of the Municipality in accordance with Council’s policies, procedures and directions.
- Fostering proactive, effective and professional relationships with Council members, the general public, as well as the Municipality’s solicitor, auditor, and officials of provincial and federal government departments and agencies and other municipalities.
- Performing the statutory duties of the clerk under the Municipal Act and other provincial legislation.
Qualifications must include:
- A four-year recognized University degree or three-year College diploma in a related field;
- A Certified Municipal Officer (CMO), or Municipal Administrator Program (MAP) accreditation from AMCTO or equivalent education, experience and professional accreditation;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in municipal governance, with 3-5 years management experience;
- Training and experience in various statutes, including the Municipal Act and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act;
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office, GIS, and agenda management
The 2020 salary range for this position is $78,901 – $95,638. A full job description can be seen at www.montaguetownship.ca
Qualified individuals are invited to forward their resume, along with a covering letter, by fax, mail, or email to the address below by noon on October 30th, 2020.
The Township of Montague
ATTN: Jasmin Ralph, Clerk Administrator
6547 Rogers Stevens Drive
PO Box 755
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4W6
The Municipality thanks all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. The Township is an equal opportunity employer and that accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
- Offered Salary$70,000+
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time30.10.2020 16:30