If you enjoy the outdoors, boating, swimming, fishing, hiking or just relaxing at the shore, come immerse yourself in the beauty of Majestic McKellar; A place to call home.
Located within the District of Parry Sound (a 20-minute drive from the Town of Parry Sound), the Township of McKellar boasts 15 lakes and numerous rivers to beckon you back to nature and peaceful surroundings: an enticing opportunity for a Clerk – Administrator. We are seeking a highly motivated person who will lead the Senior Management Team and be responsible for the overall administration of the Township as well as support the initiatives of Council and the Community. Come and join our team to celebrate our community’s150th Anniversary in 2023
The Clerk – Administrator will enhance the professional and respectful relationship with Council, staff, and our residents and possess the following qualifications / skills:
- A graduate degree in a discipline related to management in the public sector or equivalent related experience
- Significant experience (a minimum of 5 years) in a corporate portfolio including municipal experience, working with elected officials and general management.
- Demonstrated competence in establishing productive, transparent relationships with members of Council will be a key priority. The Clerk – Administrator will lead the staff team in their relationship with members of Council recognizing the responsibilities of both Council and staff.
- Excellent listening skills and outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A detailed knowledge of areas of service delivery within the Township and a commitment to improving service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Experience in and knowledge in planning and economic development will be considered an asset to McKellar.
- Demonstrated ability in grant application writing will greatly assist staff and Council in this important effort.
- The ability to think and act strategically in a political and community service environment; to build strong, confident and enthusiastic staff teams and external partnerships; to align departmental programs/services with corporate goals/objectives; and to foster a positive, productive and healthy work environment that is committed to service excellence
- Thorough working knowledge of knowledge of municipal government affairs, structures, operations, finance, reporting processes, the role of the municipal clerk, employer-related legislation/regulations, and contemporary issues
- Experience and knowledge in labour relations principles, contract administration, land use planning principles and contemporary leadership / management practices
- Computer literacy and knowledge of technology and it’s uses/opportunities in a municipal government
- Demonstrated ability to work with McKellar Council on priority projects including, improvements in high-speed Internet for residents, continued liaison with the six other municipalities in the West Parry Sound District, shared services, the Parry sound pool project.
- As a key member of McKellar’s emergency control group, you will be willing to move into our area within a driving distance of less than one hour to McKellar. Parry Sound provides all of us with a community of full municipal services including health, social services and commercial opportunities essential to community life.
The salary range for this position is currently under review. In addition, the Township of McKellar offers a full employee benefits program and OMERS retirement plan.
For a detailed candidate profile and to explore this exciting opportunity in strict confidence, e-mail or call Tim L. Dobbie Consulting Ltd. at 905 330-4090 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit resumes, email email@example.com by October 15, 2021.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time15.10.2021 16:30