The Township of St. Joseph is seeking an outgoing, conscientious, and energetic individual to join their management team in the position of Clerk-Administrator.
As the ideal candidate you are an inspiring, results-focused leader with a track record of leadership in multi-stakeholder environments. You have exceptional communication skills and are known for your collaborative nature and commitment to building effective staff teams, while ensuring service excellence.
As Clerk-Administrator, you will perform the statutory and advisory duties of the Clerk, manage the day-to-day operations of the municipal administration office, and lead the senior management team in ensuring high quality service and fiscal responsibility. You will ensure effective use of the skills, interests and expertise of all staff in the development and implementation of policy, legislation and initiatives, and ensure that objective and knowledgeable advice is provided to Council. You will have a close working relationship with Council members in order to understand and assist in the articulation of priorities and vision. You have a key role in community development, outreach and promotion and be a visible partner in the community and workplace, and a champion of community engagement.
- Management: A minimum five years experience in municipal or similar public service with at least three years management experience and understanding of local government, municipal administration and land use planning is required.
- Strategic and Tactical Orientation: A strategic and innovative thinker in a service-oriented environment with the ability to communicate and translate future vision and strategic objectives into successful outcomes.
- Leadership: A strong belief in respectful leadership, collaboration and information sharing with staff at all levels; thorough knowledge of management practices and related employment and labour legislation.
- Business Operations: Understanding of financial management practices and thorough knowledge and experience with progressive practices in business operations across a broad range of disciplines.
- Service Excellence: A commitment to customer service excellence across the organization through effective delivery of programs and services.
- Relationships and Partner Engagement: Experience working with volunteers and ability to build and maintain productive relationships with outside partners.
- Legislation: Working knowledge of the Municipal Act, Planning Act, Elections Act, Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Municipal Conflict of Interest Act and other legislation related to municipal governance in Ontario.
- Communications: Political acuity; ability to communicate effectively and address concerns with tact and diplomacy; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Education: A related post-secondary education or community college diploma in Public Administration, Local Government, Planning or related discipline, or a related mix of education and experience.
Potential candidates are encouraged to request a complete description of this position at the Municipal office or at www.stjosephtownship.com on the employment opportunities page.
Qualified Candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope, or by e-mail, no later than Monday, February 1, 2021 to:
Deputy Clerk Treasurer
The Township of St. Joseph
1669 Arthur Street, P.O. Box 187
Richards Landing, ON P0R 1J0
We thank all applicants that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township of St. Joseph is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefits package.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time01.02.2021 16:30