Nestled on the north shore of the Lake of the Woods, Kenora combines vibrant city life with a rich cultural history in a setting of abundant natural beauty. Located directly east of Winnipeg on the Ontario-Manitoba border, Kenora has a year-round population of 15,000 that swells to over 30,000 during the summer months and is the district hub for over 50,000 people. Known as North America’s Premier Boating Destination, the Lake of the Woods and its 14,522 islands offer year-round recreational enjoyment including fishing, boating, snowmobiling, skating and skiing.
The City of Kenora is dedicated to providing a rich quality of life to both its seasonal and permanent residents. Exciting times are underway for the City as it has just completed Phase IV of its Downtown Revitalization program and the impending grand opening of its new Art Gallery. Moving forward, the Development Services Department will be responsible for leading major projects designed to fulfill the City’s vision of a sustainable, lifestyle community. This includes the redevelopment of Kenora’s Harbourfront and Former Mill Site which are anticipated to drive investment into the community and spur new growth. For more information on the City of Kenora please visit: www.kenora.ca
The City of Kenora is now seeking an experienced City Planner to join its team and play a key role in the building of an increasingly sustainable community, with an enhanced quality of life, consistent with the vision and core strategies of the City’s Strategic Plan.
In recognition of the pivotal role the City Planner plays in the development and sustainability of a vibrant community, the successful candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Land Use Planning or an Honours Degree in a Planning related program;
- Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP);
- Professional Planner (RPP) designation;
- Technological proficiency in MS Office and planning and design software with emphasis on Word/Excel and GIS programs;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ supervisory experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the field of municipal planning;
- Must possess and maintain a valid “G” driver’s license and access to personal transportation.
This position will remain open until filled.
To discuss the position in confidence, please call or email. Resumes can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynda Schroeder, Senior Consultantlschroeder@leadershipsource.ca
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time01.02.2020 01:54