Located at the southern end of Georgian Bay’s 30,000 Islands, Midland is the economic centre of the region, with a 125-bed hospital and local airport and is a popular summer destination when the area’s population grows to over 100,000 with visitors to more than 8,000 cottages, resort hotels, provincial and national parks.
Reporting to the CAO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for the statutory duties of Treasurer and the financial management of the Town of Midland. Leading the Finance Department, the CFO will coordinate and manage the annual budgeting process, the preparation of financial statements, financial analysis and will provide variance forecasting, accounting, taxation, water/wastewater/utility billing & collections and provide support to procurement and asset management. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will lead a team of 8 including a Deputy Treasurer and will be responsible for a $54 million operating budget and a $14 million capital budget.
People Leadership, Change Leadership, Strategic Orientation, Culture-Shaping, Relationship Building, Political Acuity, Innovation, Customer First Orientation, Communication, Partnering, Results Orientation, Holding People Accountable, Fiscal Accountability, Teamwork
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary education and five or more years of experience as a CFO/finance leader in a public, private or not-for-profit, multi-service organization of similar or larger size and scope.
- Experience in visionary leadership, motivation, teambuilding, financial and operations management, labour relations, strategic planning and working with a board or municipal council.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with management and staff, Council, senior government officials and other senior leaders in the municipality.
To apply to this exciting opportunity, please email a cover letter and resume by January 24, 2020 to:
Patrick Rowan, Partner
Feldman Daxon Partners
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time24.01.2020 13:34