The Town of Marathon is located on the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior, on the eastern edge of the District of Thunder Bay. With a population of approximately 3,500, Marathon acts as a regional hub offering full service benefits in a friendly, outgoing and safe small town setting. Come experience the comfort and affordability of our friendly spirited community.
The Town of Marathon is committed to providing a positive and progressive workplace that offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Chief Building Official is responsible for enforcing the Building Code Act and regulations in accordance with the Provincial statutes and municipal by-laws. The CBO manages all aspects of the Building Division from the building permit application intake, plans review and inspection to ensure the health and safety requirements are met for new construction and renovations. The CBO will have overall responsibility and statutory duties as defined under the Building Code Act.
- Degree or diploma in architecture, civil technology, municipal planning or a field closely related to the building industry and five (5) years progressive experience in a related field
- Thorough knowledge of Municipal Act, Planning Acts, Building Code & Act, Fire Protection and Prevention Act, Provincial Offences Act, and all other acts and regulations related to the position
- Current certification as a Chief Building Official under the Ontario Building Code Act
- Prepare, review and analyse annual operating and capital budgets for the Building Department
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Class “G’ driver’s license in good standing with a clean driver’s abstract
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Suite software (word processing, spreadsheet)
- Must provide a vulnerable sector check satisfactory to the Employer
- Willing to attend meetings outside normal work hours, including periodic weekend and evening on-call duties as required
Hours of work: 36.25 hours per week
Monday- Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Salary: $80,000-$95,000 based on experience along with a competitive benefit package and enrolment in OMERS pension plan
Applications must be submitted no later than Wednesday, March 31st, 2021 by 4:30 p.m. to:
Andrea Gauthier, Corporate Services Manager
P.O. Bag “TM”, 4 Hemlo Drive
Phone: 229-1340 x 2234 Fax: 229-1999 E-mail: email@example.com
The Town of Marathon is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Upon request, the City will accommodate the accessibility needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment, selection, and interview process. Personal information is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and will only be used to determine suitability for this position. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those advancing through the selection process will be contacted.
- Offered Salary$80,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time31.03.2021 16:30