An exciting opportunity awaits! The Township of Adelaide Metcalfe is recruiting a Chief Building Official who will be instrumental in assisting with the development and provision of shared building services through a municipal partnership.
As part of the senior management team of Adelaide Metcalfe, the Chief Building Official will contribute to the creation and success of this collaborative endeavour.
The Chief Building Official is responsible for the oversight and administration of building department services, including but not limited to:
- conducting reviews of plans including buildings and structures, site plans and plans of subdivision
- issuing building and other permits
- ensuring completion of required building and plumbing inspections
- preparing and presenting reports
- giving effective advice in developing and implementing departmental policies, municipal objectives and budgets
- providing effective leadership to staff; directing the human, financial and physical resources of the Joint Building Services Department.
The ideal candidate will bring to the position:
- Certified Building Code Official with a minimum of 5 years of related progressively responsible experience in the building field
- Degree in Architecture, Construction or Civil Engineering Technology
- Registered and in good standing with OBOA and successfully completed Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing courses related to the CBO position
- BCIN Number
- Sound knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, and legislative standards pertaining to building department activities
- Experience working with budget preparation and financial monitoring
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication, time management, report writing and information technology skills.
The full job description can be seen at www.adelaidemetcalfe.on.ca or by contacting the Township Office at 519-247-3687. The Township of Adelaide Metcalfe offers an attractive compensation (under review) and benefit package.
Submit your resume marked “Confidential – Chief Building Official” no later than 4:00 pm on Monday, April 6, 2020 to:
Cathy Case, CAO/Treasurer
Township of Adelaide Metcalfe
2340 Egremont Drive
Strathroy, ON N7G 3H6
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the selection process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelSenior Management
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time06.04.2020 11:42