Rural by nature, prosperous by design, Norfolk County is located one hour south of Toronto. We offer picturesque small town, hamlet and rural living within easy reach of major urban centres such as Hamilton, London, Kitchener-Waterloo and Brantford. With wonderfully varied tourist attractions, bountiful and proven agricultural tradition, and spectacular recreational activities, our exceptional quality of community and family life simply can’t be beat!
In the 2018 municipal election, Norfolk residents elected their County Council and provided a clear mandate for change. Mayor Kristal Chopp and Council have heard what matters most to residents and is seeking a progressive and transformational CAO to work with them on their strategic priorities:
- Fostering vibrant, creative communities;
- Building a strong economy and creating an environment that is open for business;
- Providing reliable infrastructure, from essential community amenities to transportation networks and water and wastewater services;
- Establishing responsive, collaborative, customer service; and,
- Securing a solid foundation for success by improving Norfolk County’s financial health and strategic asset management and creating a culture of efficiency and continuous improvement.
Chief Administrative Officer Scope:
- Will be accountable for the overall administrative management of Norfolk County by providing leadership to ensure effective, efficient and quality management of the Corporation.
- Will provide advice and guidance to the Mayor and Norfolk County Council in the development of public policy, ensuring Council is provided with relevant information necessary to make informed decisions, based on sound business practices.
- Will effectively direct General Managers and Directors in the administration and coordination of the delivery of services to County residents and businesses, in a manner that ensures the effective utilization of the human, financial and physical resources of Norfolk County.
- Will effectively communicate and interface with internal and external contacts including, but not limited to: the public, media, members of various ministries, government agencies, boards, municipalities and solicitors.
The ideal candidate will have a graduate degree in a relevant discipline such as a Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, or a professional designation such as Professional Engineer, Chartered Professional Accountant, or similar discipline, with ten years progressive senior management experience in the private or public sector, or equivalent to the above. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated the following personal attributes: personal accountability, developing others, leading others, diplomacy and tact, interpersonal skills, decision making skills and teamwork.
To confidentially explore this opportunity further, please visit http://www.norfolkcounty.ca/jobs/ for information and apply via this unique link: https://workable.com/j/3F59720DF5. The deadline for submission is September 30th, 2019.
All applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManager
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationMaster’s Degree
- Application Closing Time30.09.2019 18:54
Related Jobs (7)
- Manager, Corporate Records and Archival Services – Kawartha Lakes on October 7, 2019 Full Time