The Town of Moosonee is located on the west banks of the Moose River, a short 12 miles from the salt waters of the James Bay. It is considered to be “the Gateway to the Arctic”. Moosonee is not connected to the road system in Ontario and all travellers arrive in Moosonee by train or plane, or on ice roads. Scheduled train services are provided by Ontario Northland, from Cochrane, Ontario. Scheduled air transportation services are provided by Air Creebec and Thunder Airlines. The permanent population of Moosonee is approximately 2,000 with about 85% being Cree.
The Town of Moosonee is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to fill the position of Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Reporting to the Municipal Council, the CAO will provide leadership, direction to and coordination of the Management Team in developing, implementing, and administering the policies and procedures of the Town and Council in accordance with applicable By-Laws and regulations. The CAO provides effective, progressive advice to elected officials and the Management Team, and interacts regularly with the Head of Council and elected officials. The CAO is responsible for direct supervision of all municipal managers. Work is performed with high degree of independent action.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive management experience (or other comparable experience) is required.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Business and/or Public Administration is required.
- Successful completion of the Municipal Administration Program from AMCTO, at minimum. Certified Municipal Officer (CMO), Certified Municipal Manager (CMM), CEMC and/or OH&S certifications are considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of legislation and policy as they relate to municipal government, including knowledge of the Municipal Act and Planning Act.
- Excellent leadership, administrative, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated municipal financial, human resources and administration experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including superior report writing, presentation skills, and negotiating skills.
Those interested should mail their résumés, and include three recent employment references, in confidence by August 29, 2019 to:
Gallagher Benefit Services (Canada) Group Inc.
c/o Human Resources – Job TM-CAO
62 Frood Road, Suite 302, Sudbury, Ontario P3C 4Z3
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time29.08.2019 18:14