Located at the southern end of Georgian Bay’s 30,000 Islands, Midland is the economic centre of the region, with a population of 17,000, a 125-bed hospital and local airport and a popular summer destination when the area’s population grows to over 100,000 with visitors to more than 8,000 cottages, resort hotels, provincial and national parks.
Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) will provide strategic leadership, vision and direction to Department Heads and staff while planning, organizing and directing all operations and services in accordance with policies, legislation and Term of Council Priorities. The CAO will lead a team of eight direct reports in finance, human resources, fire/emergency services, infrastructure (public works), corporate services, planning/building, and community services and will provide oversight for a $54M operating budget and a $14M capital budget.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Executive leadership experience in the public or private sector with exposure to reporting to a Board of Directors/Council and leading a customer-driven services organization with an operating budget of $20M or more, ideally in an environment with regulatory or financial constraint.
- Strategic and visionary leader with a track record of developing/implementing a compelling vision and strategy and establishing targets and standards of performance and service.
- Energetic, outgoing, positive team builder with strong public speaking, writing, employee and media relations skills and experience to interact with management and staff, Council, senior government officials and other senior leaders in the municipality.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume by February 21, 2020 to:
Patrick Rowan, Partner
Feldman Daxon Partners
45 St. Clair Avenue West, Suite 700,
Toronto, Ontario M4V 1K9
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time21.02.2020 16:41