The Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands (TLTI) is a vibrant, diverse community in Eastern Ontario. We have the world renowned 1000 Islands and St. Lawrence Seaway along our southern boundary and the UNESCO designated Rideau Canal on our north. We are conveniently located within hours of two of the largest metropolitan areas of Canada as well as the eastern seaboard of the USA. We have 9,500 permanent residents, thousands of seasonal residents and welcome tens of thousands of visitors to our region every year. The Township offers its citizens a great lifestyle; with the perfect balance of heritage, culture, services, outdoor activities, and contemporary living.
POSITION SUMMARY AND QUALIFICATIONS
Reporting to Township Council, the CAO will work closely with Council and our excellent senior management team to deliver superior, progressive, innovative, practical, and responsive municipal services to the Township’s residents, taxpayers and businesses. Together with senior staff, the CAO provides information, advice, and recommendations to allow Council to make informed decisions. Our current acting CAO will be available for support and continuity during the transition.
The CAO will be an exceptional communicator, politically astute and a visionary leader; must have a proven track record of achieving organizational, administrative, financial, and client centered results; and have the ability to earn the confidence of others, promote diversity, develop team building, participate in community engagement, and solidify strong external partnerships with stakeholders.
To be successful in the role, the CAO must encourage and promote accountable, responsive customer service, innovative and results-based leadership, and encourage economic development and growth while providing business, policy, and technical advice to Council. The CAO will use the Strategic Plan as the guiding document to implement the Township’s long-range vision and priorities.
The CAO will be a respected coach, mentor and leader with a strong background in human resources; possess the highest level of ethics, values and integrity; and have significant experience in creating and establishing successful team building and strategic initiatives.
Other qualifications for the CAO position include:
- A degree in Business/Public Administration, Economics, Planning or related discipline with significant, progressively responsible, and successful leadership and management experience running a multi-faceted public sector organization or business or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience with organizational planning, recruitment, training and development, performance management, conflict resolution, and labour relations.
- Superior leadership skills with demonstrated ability to foster change management and create a positive culture of employee engagement.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement strategic and operational business plans and best practices.
- In depth knowledge of financial management and budgeting with proven results.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and active listening skills
- Proficiency using office software and online platforms.
- Comprehensive understanding of legislation and policies related to municipal government.
- AMCTO Professional Accreditation or CMO would be an asset.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide and maintain a valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License, an acceptable driver’s abstract, and a satisfactory vulnerable sector criminal records check.
The salary range for the position is $121,069 to $154,879 (under review) commensurate with your experience and qualifications. The Township offers a comprehensive benefits package and participation in the OMERS plan.
Please submit your covering letter and detailed resume in confidence to email@example.com by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Please quote “Competition No. 01-20” in the subject line of your email.
The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), accommodation will be provided upon request throughout the selection process.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time24.01.2020 13:21