Township of Amaranth
Located in the Headwaters of Canada’s Heritage River, the Grand River, within the County of Dufferin, the land area defined as the Corporation of the Township of Amaranth is occupied by a diversity of landscape features, rivers, wetlands, wildlife and, most importantly, residents with a strong pride in the sustainability of their community. Reporting to the Mayor and Council, the Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk (CAO/Clerk) will provide strategic vision, leadership and guidance.
- Manage the operations of the Township in a responsible and cost-effective manner;
- Support Council with policy and strategic advice and effectively implement the direction of Council;
- Manage the legislative obligations of the Township;
- Ensure proper financial management and fiscal responsibility of the Township;
- Oversee implementation of an effective asset management/infrastructure maintenance plan;
- Lead Township staff to effectively and efficiently deliver Township services.
Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Demonstrated experience working at a high level of staff leadership and stakeholder collaboration; preferably in the municipal or public sector;
- CMO or equivalent municipal designation or equivalent experience;
- A degree or diploma in Public or Business Administration or a related field is considered an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of relevant Ontario municipal legislation including but not limited to: Municipal Act, Planning Act, MFIPPA, etc.;
- Understanding of Council legislative role, procedures and by-laws;
- Strategic and critical thinking skills;
- Experience managing human resources and knowledge of applicable HR legislation;
- Knowledge of municipal budgeting, financial and fiscal responsibilities; including experience sourcing and applications for funding;
- Understanding of municipal operations, infrastructure and asset management;
- Experience preparing and delivering municipal reports;
- Highly professional in all settings;
- Confident, dynamic and effective communicator;
- Proactive approach to problem solving;
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft products and municipal-related software; experience using Keystone beneficial;
- Knowledge of IT, social media and technology beneficial;
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License.
If you are interested in taking the lead of our dynamic Township team, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence by 4:00 PM Friday, August 21, 2020 via e-mail to:
Ward & Uptigrove Human Resources Solutions
Attn: Carrie Sharpin
Township of Amaranth is dedicated to maintaining a respectful, fair and equitable work environment, and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this position only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Township of Amaranth is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. This job posting is available in an accessible format, upon request.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelExecutive
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time21.08.2020 16:30