The Township of Minden Hills is located in the heart of Haliburton County and includes the subcommunities of Lochlin, Gelert, Moore Falls and Irondale as well as the Town of Minden. The area population is approximately 6,000 permanent residents which increases significantly in the summer months with the influx of cottagers, seasonal residents and visitors.
Minden Hills is considered the gateway to the Haliburton Highlands, bridging the area’s natural beauty and urban life. We are home to multiple rivers and lakes, and nature trails for those who love the outdoors. Minden Hills has become a popular destination for people looking to escape the city, wanting time to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature as well as the many vibrant activities and events to ignite the passions of art, music and the environment.
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
As the ideal candidate and the new CAO/Clerk you are an inspiring leader, a strong consensus builder and an exceptional communicator. In addition, you are known for your business leadership and acumen, commitment to building highly effective staff teams, continuous improvement, service delivery excellence and fiscal accountability.
Working with the Mayor, Council, business community and your senior team, you will add energy, ideas and direction to improving our community. With a 2019 budget of $13 million, you will lead the coordination and administration of all departments and operations through the Senior Management Team. You will be instrumental in creating a strategy to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to the community through a highly engaged team. Your strong sense of fiscal accountability will further enhance the organization by ensuring that the municipality is both responsible and sustainable. Key to your success will be your ability to understand the needs of both residents and businesses while continuing to identify opportunities for enhancement, and ensuring we provide high levels of service to our community.
Join a dedicated team which strives to make Minden Hills the best place to live, work and play.
- Education: A public administration degree or related post-secondary education coupled with senior municipal administration or equivalent; a Chief Municipal Officer (CMO) designation is an asset.
- Leadership: A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in progressively responsible senior management related positions working with elected officials and at least five (5) years managing staff in a senior municipal role in a unionized environment.
- Strategic and Tactical Orientation: Ability to think and act strategically and astutely in a political and community service environment. This includes the ability to align departmental programs with corporate objectives in a fiscally accountable fashion and to champion the vision of the Township and foster a positive and innovative workplace.
- People Leadership: Experience and ability to provide exceptional leadership and supervision to staff and to build enthusiastic, high performing staff teams in a unionized environment; this includes thorough knowledge of related employment and labour legislation and collective agreement administration.
- Partner Engagement: Experience and ability to build productive external alliances and partnerships and to deliver common solutions and results.
- Program Management: Experience in successfully leading complex initiatives using best practices in timesensitive and changing environments.
- Legislation and Processes: Thorough working knowledge of Municipal and Employer-related legislation, regulations and issues, municipal government structures, operations, financial and reporting processes. This includes knowledge of both the Municipal Clerk and Returning Officer functions and related legislation.
- Communications: Excellent ability to communicate effectively and address concerns, complaints and requests with tact, discretion, political sensitivity and diplomacy in situations of great importance to the municipality; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Other Attributes: Excellent budget planning, analytical, problem solving, facilitation and negotiation skills.
To explore this opportunity please apply via email by February 7th , 2020 to email@example.com quoting project MH-CAO. Should you wish to review the detailed job description or to speak to our Executive Recruiter please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, email@example.com.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- Experience10 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time07.02.2020 20:13