The Town of Bracebridge is a community of over 16,000 residents living in both urban and rural areas. Located in the heart of Muskoka, Bracebridge is a magnet for recreation and tourism, with a growing base of non-recreational businesses. Additionally, there is a sense of civic responsibility and interest in protecting and enhancing Bracebridge’s natural features; therefore, residents want increased and improved access to the Town’s natural features such as parks, trails and waterfront areas.
The Town works closely with the District of Muskoka, other local municipalities, external agencies, senior levels of government and service partners.
Your Opportunity to Make a Difference
As the ideal candidate and our new CAO, you are an inspiring results focused leader, a strong relationship and consensus builder as well as an exceptional communicator. In addition, you are known for your business leadership and acumen, commitment to building highly effective staff teams, service delivery excellence, continuous improvement and fiscal accountability.
Working closely with the Mayor, Council, Senior Management Team, staff from across the organization and a variety community partners you will add energy, ideas and direction as we continue to improve and grow our community. With a 2020 budget of almost $40 million in gross expenditures, you will lead the coordination and administration of all departments and municipal operations through the Senior Management Team.
You will be instrumental in leading our strategy to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programs and services to the community through a highly engaged team. Your strong sense of fiscal accountability will further enhance the organization by ensuring that our municipality is both responsible and sustainable.
Key to your success will be your ability to understand the needs of both residents and local businesses while continuing to identify opportunities for enhancement, and ensuring we provide high levels of programs and services to our community.
The Town of Bracebridge offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Join and lead a dedicated team which strives to make Bracebridge the best place to live, work and play.
- Education: University degree in Business, Public Administration, Management, Finance or discipline related to municipal operations. A related Post-graduate degree or a Certified Municipal Officer (CMO) designation would be an asset.
- Leadership and Municipal Management: Significant executive leadership experience in a corporate portfolio including municipal experience in a high-growth environment, extensive experience working with elected officials and general management experience in a unionized environment.
- Strategic and Tactical Orientation: Ability to think and act strategically and astutely in a political and community service environment. This includes the ability to align departmental programs with corporate objectives in a fiscally accountable fashion and to champion the mission, vision and values of the Town and foster a positive and innovative workplace.
- People Leadership: Experience and ability to provide exceptional leadership and supervision to staff and to build enthusiastic, high performing staff teams in a unionized environment; this includes thorough knowledge of related employment and labour legislation and collective agreement administration.
- Relationships and Partner Engagement: Experience and ability to build productive external alliances and partnerships with both the business community and other levels of government to deliver common solutions and results.
- Service Excellence and Business Operations: Ability to demonstrate customer service excellence across the organization through effective delivery of programs and services to our community in time-sensitive and changing environments.
- Municipal Practices and Legislation: Thorough working knowledge of Municipal and Employer-related legislation/regulations and contemporary issues, municipal government organizations and structures, municipal operations, municipal financial and reporting processes, contract administration, and contemporary leadership and management practices.
- Communications: Excellent ability to communicate effectively and address concerns, complaints and requests with tact, discretion, political sensitivity and diplomacy in situations of importance; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
How to Apply
To explore this opportunity please apply via email by March 1, 2020 to email@example.com quoting project BB-CAO.
Should you wish to speak to our Executive Recruiter or to receive a detailed position description please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1, firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Oliveira at 416-214-9299 x4, email@example.com.
- Offered SalaryTBD
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience7 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time01.03.2020 21:43