The Township of Alfred and Plantagenet is looking for someone to fill the position of Chief Administrative Officer.
Under the supervision of the Municipal Council, the Chief Administrative Officer manages, directs, coordinates, administers and controls all municipal services in the performance of their activities in accordance with the guidelines established by Council. He ensures general management and control of the administration and affairs of the Municipality.
A copy of the job description is available for consultation at the municipal office and on the municipality’s web site at www.alfred-plantagenet.com.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree with a specialization in administration or equivalent, combined with experience in a similar position or in the field of public administration.
LANGUAGE: Verbal and written communication in French and English (Bilingual).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Municipal Act, other acts and regulations and municipal management principles;
- Training and experience in municipal management, municipal administration and strategic planning;
- Member or eligible to become a member of the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasures of Ontario;
- Ability to analyse issues related to the management of financial resources;
- Ability to work under little supervision;
- Ability and ease to make public presentations on sometimes sensitive topics or in a context of controversy;
- Able to manage and direct staff and be familiar with municipal operations;
- Able to use a computer and be familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Knowledge in a variety of fields and ability to manage, supervise and coordinate municipal operations.
Job conditions are those prescribed in the municipal by-law. The salary offered is $113,847.30 in accordance with level 1 of the current salary scale.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A COVERING LETTER OUTLINING HOW THEIR EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING MEET THE BASIC REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE.
The Township of Alfred and Plantagenet welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidate taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested candidates are required to submit their letter marked “Employment offer – Chief Administrative Officer” and their curriculum vitae before 2:00pm, Friday, October 16th , 2020 by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the address shown below:
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience2 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time16.10.2020 16:30
Related Jobs (1)
- Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experienceon April 16, 2021Contract