The Town of Deep River is seeking an inspiring, results-focussed leader who has a passion for public service and a commitment to quality to help shape the Town’s future.
Deep River is a vibrant, diverse community of 4500 located on the shores of the Ottawa River. The Town’s rich history and quality lifestyle includes access to a beautiful natural setting, abundant recreational opportunities, and a vibrant arts and culture scene. As CAO you will work with Council to achieve exciting strategic initiatives aimed at residential, business, and tourism growth, ensuring quality infrastructure, exemplary service delivery, economic and environmental sustainability.
The CAO will assist Council in defining the Town’s vision, goals and objectives, and lead implementation of the Town’s priorities. Responsible for providing quality strategic information and recommendations to Council, the CAO will manage staff to deliver quality, efficient and cost-effective municipal services. The CAO oversees the budget and guides the overall planning, coordination and control of activities and business to manage change at all levels of the organization.
As the ideal candidate, you promote a culture of inclusion, high performance and collaboration, build and inspire highly effective teams, and provide leadership that is focused on results, innovation, continuous improvement and accountability.
You are a strategic, innovative thinker able to align daily operations and departmental programs and services with the Town’s long-term vision and priorities, identify and leverage potential partnerships that contribute to achieving results, and understand the impact of external factors on strategic planning and how they affect choices.
You are an influential and effective communicator with a customer-first orientation, possessing a high level of financial acumen to evaluate the impact of decisions on the municipality’s financial well-being.
- Degree in Business, Public Administration, Economics, Planning or related discipline
- 5+ years demonstrated progressive leadership experience, preferably in a municipal environment. CMO or AMCTO designation or equivalent would be an asset
- Proven track record of achieving measurable results when managing and executing complex and transformational projects and initiatives using best practices
- Demonstrated experience leading complex solutions through influencing, consulting, negotiation and conflict resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication and active listening skills, including a demonstrated ability to communicate information to a diverse audience, in a manner that persuades others and gains trust and understanding.
- Ability to listen to diverse perspectives and viewpoints, be open to new ideas and approaches, and integrate these into tangible solutions
- Strong Human Resources background including negotiating and managing collective agreements
- Strong people management skills including a proven ability to build, mentor, coach, engage and motivate a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills to achieve desired outcomes in partnership with both internal and external stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of financial management and budgeting, preferably related to a municipal environment
- Strong understanding of the Municipal Act and other legislation and policies related to municipal government
$100,000 – $140,000 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.
please submit a detailed resume to the Town of Deep River at:firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete position description is available at www.deepriver.ca
4:30 PM – Friday, September 4, 2020.
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act accommodation will be provided upon request throughout the selection process. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered Salary$100,000+
- Career LevelExecutive
- Experience5 Years +
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time04.09.2020 16:30