Reporting to the Manager of Parks, the Casual Labourer assists with the upkeep and maintenance of City owned buildings, parks, parkettes, playing fields and equipment. If assigned to the Roads, Water or Sewer Division, the Casual Labourer reports to the General Foremen of Public Works and assists with overall maintenance of Roads, Water and Sewer systems.
4:00pm on Wednesday, June 12, 2019
The hourly wage for this position is $20.23.
Division / Department / Reports To:
Parks/Public Works / Infrastructure Services/ Manager of Parks/General Foreman Public Works
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed are not meant to provide a description of each and every job performed but only those which represent the core functions of the job.
- Perform various maintenance duties including grass cutting, weeding, digging, cleaning, painting and garbage pick-up.
- Perform various types of heavy labour, in all weather conditions, for extended periods.
- Operates hand tools including but not limited to equipment such as sidewalk grinders etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years’ experience in construction, landscape or facility maintenance
- Valid Class “DZ” driver’s license, with clean driving record.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time07.06.2019 14:58