The Fraser Valley Regional District (“FVRD”) is a local government that delivers over 100 separate services to 295,000 residents in the beautiful Fraser Valley. Of the 28 regional districts throughout the province of British Columbia, the FVRD is the third-most populous, with its communities served including eight unincorporated Electoral Areas as well as the municipalities of Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Harrison Hot Springs, Hope, Kent, and Mission. FVRD is recognized as a hub of active cities, peaceful rural communities, and everything in between. With robust economies in agriculture, tourism, education, health care and aerospace, the Fraser Valley is a region of opportunities and possibilities.
To learn more, please visit FVRD’s website.
The Opportunity: Chief Administrative Officer
Under direction of the Board of Directors, the Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”) is the principally appointed officer of the Fraser Valley Regional District and has responsibility for the effective and efficient management and administration of regional district operations, in accordance with all appropriate and established bylaws, statutes, policies, and regulations. In addition to possessing years of municipal government experience and/or a previous track record of executive leadership, the CAO will bring proven success in strategic thinking, business strategy, and change management with the Board of Directors and the community at large.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- A Post-Secondary Degree in Business/Public Administration or related discipline with several years of progressive management experience culminating in a senior post;
- Strong leadership skills with a hands-on, leads by example approach;
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with elected officials, external stakeholders, the public and all levels of the organization;
- Working knowledge of all legislation and regulatory regimes which are applicable to this position;
- Strong management, and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple technically complex and challenging projects;
- The ability to exercise independence in the decision making process and have proven experience and knowledge in the principles of management;
- Proven leadership abilities and a proven record for creativity and innovation;
- Ability to develop conceptual plans and conduct feasibility studies; and
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
The complete opportunity profile can be viewed: Here
Contact: ROBIN NOFTALL or GREG LONGSTER
Leaders International Executive Search#880 – 609 Granville Street
Vancouver, BC V7Y 1G5
Phone: (604) 688-8422
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOfficer
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time15.11.2019 10:47