SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Performs research regarding legislation, regulations, provincial policy, municipal best practices and existing municipal policies, etc. impacting by-law development.
- Recommends changes for consideration to respective by-laws taking into account research conducted
- Drafts by-laws after conducting research, analysis and consultation with respective Managers, staff and/or legal counsel as required.
- Writes by-laws and reports to Council summarizing main by-law changes
- Completes process to Ministry of the Attorney General for approval of set fines for newly written by-laws
- Organizes and attends meetings with appropriate staff to discuss by-laws under development
- Minimum 3-year college diploma in business, public administration, law, political science or a related field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in policy development, research or municipal government.
- Knowledge of legislation pertaining to local government, including the Municipal Act, Planning Act, Building Code Act, Highway Traffic Act, etc.
- Strong knowledge of writing by-laws, operations and business of municipal government and the by-laws of Council and Committees
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills using a broad range of criteria, guidelines, including specialized materials (legal, technical or professional)
For a detailed job description, check out our website at www.carletonplace.ca
Interested applicants are invited to submit an application in confidence by 11:00 AM Thursday, October 10, 2019 quoting “By-law Administrative Clerk” Attention Human Resources by:
Mail: Town of Carleton Place Email: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources Facsimile: 613 257 8170
175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, ON K7C 2V8
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Carleton Place is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the Human Rights Code. Personal information submitted will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) upon request.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time20.09.2019 19:01