Looking to work with a small growing company and have that family-like feeling? Our client is a software development and consulting firm which has been offering enterprise solutions to local governments in North America for more than 25 years! This client is very proud of their long-term relationships with their clients and they are now looking to add another experienced Business Systems Analyst to join their consulting team. The projects currently underway involve enterprise systems and integrations and legacy applications conversion to web technologies. There is a special interest in candidates with knowledge of Maximo Asset Management software.
The integrated systems include Financial, Work Management, Geographical Information (GIS), Human Resources, Vehicle and Vehicle Fueling and other systems usually found in a local government organization.
Our client is also the owner and provider of enterprise applications, also for local governments, which require maintenance and upgrades to web technologies while being backwards compatible with their respective legacy versions.
This position requires an experienced Business Systems Analyst with the ability to conduct business analysis, understand and document business objectives and requirements, compile technical documents in a prescribed format and accurately describe technical processes and solutions. The Business Systems Analyst must also be able to perform solution testing, gap analysis, develop functional designs and assist with project management as required. The successful candidate will be one who skilled and flexible at working both in a detailed and higher level capacity depending on the task at hand.
This role requires:
- Good understanding of software development life cycle (Waterfall & Agile) and the role of a Business Analyst.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze and solve business problems.
- Experience of implementing IT solutions and ensuring that applications realize customer requirements.
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, subject matter experts, developers, QA, software architects).
- Strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis.
- Expertise in creating clear and detailed Business Requirements, Use Cases and Functional Specification documents.
- Ability to work in fast paced agile and multiple stakeholder’s environment.
- Ability to work according to a plan and with a minimum oversight.
- In-depth working knowledge of a variety of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Project and Visio), defect tracking and testing tools.
- Work closely with the development team, partners and business owners to ensure the successful execution of deliverables.
- This includes at times working on site at the client’s location and from the main office.
- Work with the internal and external stakeholders to understand, gather information and synthesize findings into business/functional requirements and design documents.
- Facilitate and participate in working sessions to elicit functional & non-functional requirements.
- Develop, execute and document system test cases which ensure that end-product delivery aligns with business requirements.
- Preparation of technical documents that provide a detailed and accurate description of solutions in a concise and reader friendly format.
- Document current and future state business processes and aid in developing strategies and solutions.
- Establish and clearly document requirements and develop use cases
- Create and refine preliminary design / mock-up of new functionality and develop flow charts, functional diagrams and descriptions to communicate application design specifications for projects, as required.
- Assist management with development, update and tracking of project management processes and deliverables (e.g., detailed task lists, project schedule, issue logs, financials, status reporting, ongoing monitoring and reporting).
- Experience delivering small to medium scale IT projects.
- At least 3 years’ experience in business systems analysis, requirements management and the software development lifecycle.
- Completed a relevant university degree or college diploma.
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of/experience with Maximo Asset Management software and municipal experience would be assets.
- Business Analysis certification would also be an asset.
If we have described a fantastic match for what you are looking for and your skillset and experience, please send us a comprehensive resume for review. If you have exposure to Maximo – be sure to highlight this.
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation in the interview process, please let us know if you indeed have been contacted for an interview.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- Experience2 - 5 Years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time31.07.2019 20:04