Under the general supervision of the Coordinator, Maintenance & Projects and within established policies, procedures and guidelines, provides preventative and corrective maintenance and repair to buildings and facilities owned or operated under the jurisdiction of Niagara Parks. Performing routine, on-demand and preventative maintenance of building systems; troubleshooting and repairing various building systems and components with an emphasis on heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems maintenance such as (but not limited to) heating/cooling systems, refrigeration systems/equipment, compressed air systems, water treatment systems, pumping systems, low pressure boilers, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
Niagara Parks offers a pay rate of $29.74 to $33.45 per hour as well as a comprehensive benefit and pension plan.
Applications for this position will be accepted until November 12, 2019.
Visit niagaraparks.com/careers to create a profile and submit your resume.
- Must have one or more Ministry of Colleges and Universities Certificate of Qualification(s) from the Constructor Sector of Trades (one of which must be Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic – Trade Code 313A).
- A valid Gas Fitters 2 License (G2)
- A valid Ozone Depletion Regulation (ODP)
- A valid Class “G” Drivers Licence.
- Working knowledge of any applicable legislation/regulations including the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Possession of a Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT) Designation or Building Operator Certificate (BOC) considered an asset
- A valid Gas Fitters 1 License (G1) considered an asset.
- At least three (3) years of experience with facility operations and building maintenance.
- At least two (2) years of on the job HVAC experience, with additional trade experience in plumbing, electrical and/or millwrighting considered an asset.
- Must have experience and be familiar with building, plumbing, electrical and gas codes and have detailed knowledge of electrical, heating, plumbing, carpentry, masonry, welding, millwrighting and fabrication trades with respect to operational, maintenance and construction practices and procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of TSSA regulations.
- Possess organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, as well as strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience and ability to use computerized work order systems to receive, track and enter/report job progress and completion details.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime on short notice and to perform shift work and standby as required and scheduled to fulfill the requirements of a seven-day operation.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time12.11.2019 12:49