The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Full-Time Bookkeeper at the County Administration Building in Belleville, Ontario. The primary function is to provide a complete range of financial bookkeeping services for all county departments. Input and process transactions within the Treasury Departments Financial System including Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger Modules.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation for all facility Bank Accounts, including resulting journal entries.
- Assist in maintaining Trust Account Ledger for Long Term Care Facilities.
- Verify, receipt and process daily cheques, cash and online payments received from other departments to facilitate the daily deposit to bank.
- Process receipts in the Accounts Receivable modules and monitor ledger for outstanding payments.
- Process vendor invoices in the Accounts Payable system and subsequent printing of cheques, EFT and file preparation
- Process billings and create invoices in the Accounts Receivable system.
- Prepare and distribute departmental and committee reports as required.
- Production of SAMS cheques via the CheqMaster software.
- Assist in preparing the year end working papers to facilitate internal and external audits.
- Perform general office activities for the day-to-day Treasury business including, but not limited to, telephone, reception, processing mail, typing correspondence, maintaining spreadsheets, photocopying, maintenance of general office filing systems and standard office equipment.
- Other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Post Secondary School Diploma in Business and Accounting.
- Two to three years previous municipal experience in bookkeeping and computerized accounting software.
- In depth experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access.
- Ability to understand financial policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and to apply them correctly in daily activities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient operation of general office equipment.
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30-4:30 (Monday – Friday)
RATE OF PAY: $44,631.44 – $49,038.03/annum
Please send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote: 2019-496-GG-311 in the subject line
Closing Date: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Juliana Alvarez-Molina, H.BComm
Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time05.11.2019 22:31