Reporting to the Manager of Board Services, the Board/Committee Coordinator produces the official record of the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board; facilitates the effective operation of standing, statutory, advisory, and ad hoc committees of the board; provides advice and assistance to trustees, staff and the general public; disseminates information on Board and committee activities to a wide audience and within a very short time frame. This position requires a flexible schedule within the work week to attend evening meetings of the Board and its committees.
The successful candidate will hold a university degree in English, and 2-3 years related experience, including
- Experience in meeting preparation and recording minutes of meeting.
- Knowledge of parliamentary procedure and Board by-laws and rules of procedure.
- Proficiency in Word and Microsoft Office Suites and the ability to record meeting proceedings using a computer/laptop.
- Experience working in a School Board or Municipal office setting would be ideal; and working knowledge of Google applications, Escribe or other meeting management software would be an asset
- Understanding of the Board structure, programming, financial and technical areas to be able to appreciate the relationships between the various issues and be able to correctly interpret the discussions.
- An equivalent combination of education and related work experience may also be considered
Required Skills and Abilities include
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with advanced writing skills to prepare meeting minutes.
- Strong organizational skills to meet strict timelines.
- Creativity, initiative, judgment and analytical ability.
- High degree of discretion and diplomacy.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and to adapt to changing situations.
How to Apply:
Please visit the OCDSB career page (www.ocdsb.ca) to apply for this vacancy. The OCDSB utilizes Apply to Education (ATE) as their on-line recruiting tool to manage job competitions and applications. Applicants that do not currently have an ATE account can create one at www.applytoeducation.com . Select the job category for ECE, EA/TA/ERW, Clerical, Secretarial, Administrative, Custodians, etc; Once you have an account, you can customize your portfolio; Search for the job from the Job Postings menu, and then apply as an external. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Persons with disabilities: If you require an accommodation in the interview process, please send an email noting the competition number (job code) to email@example.com
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time24.01.2020 13:30