Reporting to the Clerk/Director of Legislative Services, the primary duties of this position are to promptly answer incoming telephone calls, greet visitors to the municipal office, provide general information, process payments, issue permits and assist with issuing licenses, direct inquiries to and provide administrative support to Township Departments.
The successful candidate will possess a great attitude, communication and organizational skills and hold a Business Administration Diploma (or equivalent) or a combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and strong analytical skills are a requirement for the position. Experience with a multi-line phone system and experience in a municipal environment will be considered an asset.
The salary range for this position is $21.22 to $24.97. The Township also offers a comprehensive benefit package.
How to Apply: Send your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail/in person to 8348 Wellington Rd 124, Rockwood, ON, N0B 2K0. A complete job description can be found on our website at www.get.on.ca
Applicants are invited to submit the required information,no later than 12:00p.m., Friday December 6, 2019.
The Township of Guelph/Eramosa is an equal opportunity e
Full Time Permanent
This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative, public relations and communications functions requested by specific ward Councillors. Assistants to Councillors must maintain an appreciation of Corporate perspective and position on issues while providing direct assistance to Councillors as required, working within a small team to share the support of six members of City Council. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to a customer first approach, the incumbent will support the City’s commitment to economic prosperity and community responsive growth management.
The incumbent is responsible to:
- Provide a wide range of administrative and other support to Councillors including, but not limited to, preparing and monitoring budgets, planning for events, responding to inquiries from a range of internal and external stakeholder, coordinating team and Councillor calendars, addressing corporate and Council priorities and coordinating travel arrangements for workshop and conference attendance.
- Assist in ensuring that the office is accessible to constituents though regular and consistent hours of operation, responding appropriately to inquiries from the general public, community organizations, business representatives and staff in a timely and effective manner and addressing complaints by investigating the issue and consulting with the Councillor as required. and maintain a comprehensive contact list for Councillors’ use.
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of the Councillor such as ward advisory committees, citizen committee and advisory committees, other community groups and initiatives.
- Participate in communication-related functions such as developing correspondence, staff communications, newsletters, web updates and social media communications. Draft articles for City Talk as well as remarks on behalf of Councillors.
- Develop Councillor information on the corporate web site, ensuring that Councillor communications meet corporate branding expectations.
- Proactively stay current on related issues, actions and outcomes and conduct research, including internet research, on ward specific issues.
- During an election year, adhere to all corporate policies relating to election policies and protocols.
- Serve as a support to other Councillor Assistants and Council/corporate functions and duties as required
- We seek candidates with significant administrative experience related to the duties listed above normally acquired through the completion of a post-secondary course of study in public administration or a related discipline and three to five years’ experience providing high-level administrative support. Candidates with equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Along with a track record of providing proactive, customer-centric service, the successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders with a wide range of competing priorities and agendas. Social media capability is required to update and manage content through social media tools. Proven ability to exercise discretion, good judgement, diplomacy and confidentiality is essential.
- Strong organizational skills as a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure, complete multiple assignments and thrive in a high-volume workplace with multiple deadlines and a necessity for a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate effectively with members of City Council, City committees, staff and Burlington residents.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Ability to deliver on a work plan comprised of day-to-day tasks as well as projects related to strategic corporate and departmental work.
- Experience working with AMANDA software is considered an asset.
$64,028 – $80,035 (Grade 9)
Posting Close Date
December 6, 2019
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.burlington.ca/careers and click on “View Jobs”. Please note that applications are only accepted online. If you require assistance, please contact Human Resources at 905-335-7602.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
mployer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment and handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time06.12.2019 13:40