The County of Prince Edward is an island community on the shores of Lake Ontario with a proud United Empire Loyalist heritage. Boasting beautiful beaches and a unique rural landscape, the County offers serene country living. Our strong agricultural roots, thriving tourism attractions, renowned regional cuisine, and growing wine industry combine to offer a unique and unmatched quality of life.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Administrator. Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Administrator is responsible for overall operations and accountability for H. J. McFarland Memorial Home’s long term care facility in accordance with relevant Acts, regulations, professional bodies, policies and directives from the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and Accreditation Canada. The Administrator provides direction and oversight of finances, short term and long term planning, directs the efforts of the management group, other employees and contractors and promotes positive relations with funding agencies, residents, families, and the general public.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three (3) years in duration or post-secondary diploma in Health or Social Services from a program that is a minimum of two (2) years in duration
- Successful completion of a program in Long Term Care Home Administration or management that is a minimum of 100 hours in duration of instruction time
- 5-8 years of management experience in long term care, preferably in the role of Administrator
- Demonstrated effective leader with experience working in a unionized environment
- Extensive knowledge of all MOHLTC standards for long term care with experience in the development and implementation of quality improvement initiatives in all disciplines
- Superior interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexible and adaptable to change with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, web applications, and other related database applications
- Current satisfactory vulnerable sector background check
The current annual salary range for this full-time position is $104,905 to $127,468 as per Band 10 (under review) of the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4:00 pm on October 17, 2019 to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
- Offered Salary$50,000+
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time17.10.2019 19:14