Trent Hills is a vibrant and growing community with a population of 13,000 that is located on the Trent Severn Waterway amongst the rolling hills of Northumberland County.
Reporting to the Manager of Legislative Services/Deputy Clerk, the Administrative Assistant (Records and Public Works) is required to provide general administrative support to Public Works, implement and maintain an effective records management program for the Municipality, and perform various office duties as assigned.
- Community College diploma or University degree in business administration, legal administration, or records management;
- Must have the ability to lift and carry 40 lb. file boxes, while climbing stairs;
- Membership with the Association of Records Managers and Administrators (ARMA) considered an asset;
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in municipal administration and/or a related discipline, with demonstrated experience:
- Implementing and maintaining a municipal records management system;
- Creating and working within an established classification system and records retention schedule; and,
- Utilizing records management concepts of inventory, cataloguing, storage, retrieval, and retention;
- Substantial knowledge of records management principles, including industry best practices;
- Extensive knowledge of records classification schemes (e.g. TOMRMS) and electronic records management software;
- Knowledge of the aspects of legislation that affect the management of records and experience in researching legislated records retention requirements in provincial statues and regulations;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of the features and functions of different types of software for managing records;
- Superior proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook) and relevant municipal software including but not limited to Worktech and CGIS; and,
- Knowledge related to municipal legislation and Acts related to freedom of information requests.
Please visit www.trenthills.ca for the complete Administrative Assistant job description.
The pay rate for this vacant unionized position is $23.77 – $27.52 per hour together with a generous benefit package.
Resumes will be received until 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21, 2020. Please visit www.trenthills.ca for submission details.
All information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.O. 1990, Chapter M45. We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Municipality of Trent Hills is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call 705-653-1900 ext. 225 or email email@example.com if you require an accommodation to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time21.01.2020 13:37