The Municipality of Thames Centre is seeking an experienced result-oriented individual for the position of Accounts Payable/Asset Management Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Financial Services/Treasurer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Bi-weekly consolidation and processing of all accounts payable invoices, ensuring proper department head approval and distributions.
- Provide coordination of various centralized procurement programs and cross corporate operational supply contracts.
- Prepare monthly variance reports and complete cost analysis for the Director of Financial Services/Treasurer.
- Assists in maintaining the Municipality’s Asset Management database for accuracy and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Assists with completion of yearend reconciliations for audit.
- Provides back up for processing accounts receivable and front counter coverage.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in accounting or related discipline.
- Previous financial experience within a municipal environment and/or enrollment in the AMCTO program or equivalent, would be preferred.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in accounting and finance.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with fellow staff, elected officials and the general public.
A full job description is available on the Municipality’s website www.thamescentre.on.ca
Salary range for 2020 is $52,889.20 to $59,532.20 with a 35 hour work week.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume outlining qualifications and experience by noon on Friday, January 24, 2020, to:
Kim Grogan, Hon. BBA
Director of Financial Services/Treasurer
Municipality of Thames Centre
4305 Hamilton Road
Dorchester, ON N0L 1G3
The Municipality of Thames Centre is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those applicants to be interviewed will be acknowledged. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for candidate selection purposes only.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- Application Closing Time24.01.2020 13:18