Employment Status: Temporary Full-Time(Contract End Date: March 2021)Closing Date: December 4, 2019Location: Midhurst, Ontario
Position SummaryThe Accounting Supervisor (Capital Assets) will play a key role in the financial reporting framework of the County of Simcoe’s Tangible Capital Assets in accordance with PSAB guidelines and the development and maintenance of the asset management plan in compliance with Municipal Act regulations. The position will also lead the development of the multi-year capital plans and financial reports with staff and management from various departments through the Corporation. Specialized focus will be placed on the ongoing review of all asset data and transactions inlcuding amortization, additions and disposals.
- Minimum of Degree with specialization in Accounting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting designation in progress is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in progressively responsible accounting positions in a highly computerized, multi-discipline environment requiring transaction analysis, preparation of reports and financial statements, including two (2) years’ experience in the supervision of staff.
- Financial software use within an ERP environment (i.e. SAP, RIVA, Profix)
- Intermediate Excel, Reporting and Microsoft Office skills.
- GAAP and PSAB knowledge.
- Strong understanding of government policies and related legislation or initiatives and their significance and potential impact.
- Internal control methodology.
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Project management skills with the ability to plan, implement and complete solutions
- Time management, organizational, prioritization and multitasking sills.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical abilities to identify areas to review and opportunities for improvements.
- Ability to understand the larger objective, understand the impacts of actions on the divisions objectives and goals.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment toward collaborative solutions.
- Ability to work independently within stated objectives
- Experience in the supervision of staff in a unionized environment and the administration of employment policies and collective agreements would be considered an asset.
Compensation$79,769 -$95,723 per annum
** Temporary contract – anticipated end date is March 2021 **
To ApplyView the job description and submit your application online at www.simcoe.ca/jobs
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. The Corporation of the County of Simcoe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and will provide employment accommodation upon request.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelManagement
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationBachelor Degree
- Application Closing Time04.12.2019 15:17