The Town of Renfrew, located in the picturesque Ottawa Valley, less than an hour west of Canada’s capital, is currently accepting applications for the position of Accountant/Deputy-Treasurer.
Reporting directly to the Treasurer, the Accountant/Deputy Treasurer carries out a full range of daily, monthly and annual accounting functions and responsibilities including: general ledger, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reconciliations, month-end reports and year-end reports. The Accountant/Deputy Treasurer is also responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of property tax billings; tax sale proceedings; and the animal control and parking programs.
Qualifications for this full-time position include the following:
- Post-secondary education in Finance or Business with an emphasis in accounting
- CMO designation and/or formal education in Municipal Accounting and Finance
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a municipal setting
- Excellent understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and practices, financial information systems, payroll processes, municipal financial reporting, municipal taxation, the budgetary process and forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of local area networks, Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to manage complex, conflicting priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- High level of initiative, independent judgment and ability to work as a key member of the Treasury department with minimum supervision in a confidential environment.
A detailed Job Description is available on our web-site: www.renfrew.ca
2019 Salary Range: $60,187 to $80,298, based on a 35-hour work week. The Town of Renfrew also offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested individuals may submit their cover letter and resume by 12:00 noon on Friday, November 22, 2019 to:
Keray M. O’Reilly, Treasurer
Town of Renfrew, 127 Raglan Street South, Renfrew, Ontario K7V 1P8
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Town of Renfrew is an equal opportunity employer and all information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.
The Town of Renfrew will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for a known disability for an applicant or employee if requested.
- Offered SalaryN/A
- Career LevelOthers
- ExperienceLess than 2 years
- SECTORMunicipal Government
- QualificationAssociate Degree
- Application Closing Time22.11.2019 23:39